Length = 2 weeks
You will learn about different medical terms and the different way’s medical insurance will cover your medical costs. You will research and acquire necessary medical insurance to understand how insurance can help to achieve relative financial and medical safety in the real world.
- Calculate your portion of a medical bill using deductible, co-pay, and co-insurance.
- Know where to research insurance
- Know what items to look for when comparing insurance
- Compare insurance plans and make a recommendation for which they would purchase based on specific criteria
Explaining what Medical Insurance is. Learn what medical insurance is, why it was created, how it works, and how much it costs.
The math behind medical insurance. Learn what medical insurance is, why it was created, how it works, and how much it costs.
Hints & Helps
- Be ready, the teacher may randomly give you illnesses they must pay for each Friday. Be sure to have good insruance
- Show students actual insurance policies.
- Bring your own insurance policies from home to compare coverage amounts.
- Consider what types of insurance the companies you want to work for will offer.