Length = 1 week
This lesson will teach you how to write checks and keep track of money with a check register. You will also know how you will be graded and how to keep track of your money so you can buy your grade.
- Describe parts of a personal check
- Describe the parts of a payroll check
- Describe parts of a check register
- Write a personal check correctly
- Maintain an accurate balance on a check register
Learn the parts of a check, some basic rules about writing checks, and practice writing checks.
Learn to use a check register to keep track of bank account balances.
$1000.00 or $1.00000. The decimal is such a small thing, easy to miss. But imagine a world without it. This lesson is a review on how to add and subtract decimals.
OK, fine, other? How did I really do in balancing my account?
Ideas For Teaching:
- Find an example of a real checkbook and register from a parent or friend
- Find out how you can order a check book. Include costs, different colors and quantities from a couple of companies.