Length = 1 week
Learn how to calculate and estimate weekly payments for specific bills. The bills you find will become the weekly bills you pay. Make sure you don’t spend too much.
- Calculate weekly rental rates
- Look up car loan payments from a table
- Look up estimated gas and maintenance costs from table
- Calculate a budgeted utility cost from an actual utility bill.
The math of bills so you don’t overspend. Students will know how to accurately calculate the weekly cost of bills.
A cool ride is only cool when it is not being repossessed. Learn how to calculate the cost of automobile payments and maintenance using a look-up table.
Students will calculate the cost of fuel when driving a car using miles per gallon (MPG), fuel costs, and distance traveled
Hints & Helps
- Talk to your parents about their family’s bills
- It may take a long time to find good bills. Don’t just get the first one’s you find..
- Don’t be afraid to make phone calls to landlords, apartments, or sales people to clarify questions such as “Are utilities included?”, or “What mileage does the car have?”