Length = 1 weeks
This lesson expands the concepts of unit sales and percents by teaching you how to create a pricing model for a popcorn company.
- Research and develop costs of ingredients for popcorn.
- Calculate serving costs for a bag of popcorn.
- Determine the sales price of the popcorn and profits.
Did you know that a large tub of movie theater popcorn has a total unit cost of less than $2.00?
Helps & Hints:
- Bring in various popcorn packages and prices from local stores and movie theaters.
- Run experiments to determine how much popcorn is actually made from raw popcorn kernels.
- Design an actual fund raiser selling popcorn. Calculate the costs and project the money that would be earned. Then after the sale, compare your calculated profits with the actual profits.