Length = 1 week
You will learn the importance the government places on taxes, learn about very large numbers, and will learn where tax money is spent.
- Learn how to say large numbers
- Learn where tax money is spent
- Be able to calculate and show taxes as a percentage
- Modify these percentages based on personal preference
Million, Billion , Trillion, Bajillion, Gazillion? What is the name of the largest number you know?
Which would you say was worse: Killing someone or failing to pay your taxes?
In 2005, Congress came under fire for using tax dollars to build a $320 million bridge that would service an island of 50 people.
Representing data as part of the whole.
Comparing data across the X axis
Typically used for comparing trends over time
Hints & Helps:
- Consider what areas of expenditures are important to you.
- Instead of looking at the entire budget, you can focus on specific areas, such as defense, welfare, or education.
- When setting up your ideal budget, consider the needs of a diverse country with many different people, not just your own needs.
- Consider what parts of the budget you would transfer away from the federal government and give to the states to manage.