Length= 2 weeks
This lesson teaches students how to plan for a road trip. they will calculate travel costs, hotel costs, and time zones.
- Calculate the cost of gas based on miles per gallon, miles traveled, and gas costs.
- Learn to read public transportation schedules.
- How to calculate the cost of a hotel room.
- Understand the basics of currency conversion.
Don’t get caught short on money. Students will learn hot to calculate gas costs for a road trip.
Are we there yet? Students will learn to read transportation schedules and calculate travel time based on those schedules.
Room service please. Students will learn how to calculate the cost of a hotel room.
If a souvenir costs me 25 Euros, how much is that is American Dollars? Students will understand the basics of currency conversion.
Helps & Hints:
- Discuss meal plans and go shopping with their parents
- Talk with a nutrition expert at a local Gym
- Gather ads from local grocery stores and compare prices
With the proliferation of digital media, it is surprising how many people don’t know how to tell time on a watch. Just for fun, lets see how good you are: